These are my favorite kitchen gadgets I use almost EVERY DAY. I promise they’ll make your cooking a lot easier and more efficient.
I’ve included links to my tested, tried-and-true brands below, but there are plenty of other good ones out there. If you have access to a restaurant supply store nearby, they often carry durable and functional tools. After all, if they’re good enough for professional use, they’d better be good enough for home use!
- Immersion blender: a space-saver for making soups, sauces and dressings, especially in small quantities. Many also come with a whisking attachment, which you can use instead of a hand mixer for baking projects.
- Food processor: The different blade attachments allow you to shred, slice and mix in a fraction of the time it would take to do it all manually. You can also mash root veggies like sweet potatoes in a food processor.
- Fine grater/zester: Zest citrus peels and grate anything more finely than with a cheese grater (hint: use to grate frozen ginger). Here’s my favorite brand, but Microplane makes a good one, too.
- Garlic press: Get one that’s entirely metal for durability, and check product reviews online to make sure it’ll get the job done. Some garlic presses don’t work very well. This one works fantastically (note: it is slightly more costly than I mentioned in the video, but $20 still isn’t bad!).
- Bench scraper: Scoop and transport chopped food from your cutting board without spilling on countertops or the floor. Possibly my favorite tool of all!
So there you go–my favorite kitchen gadgets. They’ll speed up your cooking quite a bit and generally make your life easier.